terça-feira, 19 de julho de 2011

Olivia Palermo’s Style Rules

Long a fixture on the stylish Manhattan social circuit, Palermo's poised for mass insta-fame, thanks in part to her gorgeous features (sparkling eyes, perfect hair, bright smile) and polished appearance. Just like any well-seasoned New York City girl, Olivia Palermo plans dinner parties, attends exclusive events, and stays in tune with the fashion world. Palermo stays style savvy from reading her newsstand favorites (Vogue, ELLE, InStyle) and by globe-trotting. "My environment inspires me ," she says. "Whenever I travel, I absorb the culture." Palermo's appreciation of the street chic she spots in London, Paris, Berlin, and New York City is evident in the array of interesting and enviable outfits she wears! Palermo is a master at blending inexpensive pieces, high-end designer items, and vintage articles to establish her sophisticated style. She keeps things interesting by trying several different shapes and lengths, rather than playing it safe in a single silhouette. Olivia’s preference for statement-making accessories is also noteworthy.
Olivia's Style Rules :

1. In every outfit, I always try and incorporate a single trend, but in a subtle way. 
2. I would describe my style as modern, but classic.
3. I always like to wear one very structured piece, like a great jacket or a skirt.
4. For next season I like the look of all the embellished clothes, and those copper-toned metallics, although not everyone can pull that off…
5. You don’t always have to stay high end – I like mixing and matching.
6. My favourite item of clothing right now is a Topshop white cardigan with a pale blue pinstripe; it’s so easy to wear.
7. My favourite accessory is my Birkin bag. That’s such a great colour because it works for summer or winter.
8. My favourite jewellery? I like chunky! I like to wear one big statement piece, a ring, a bracelet or a necklace. But I mostly like big rings.
9. I like to wear a heel, I just got some chunky black platforms.
10. One great piece can take you through an entire season. Like, recently, I bought these Sergio Rossi silver brogues. I love those shoes, I bought them in Berlin, they’re absolutely my favourite thing right now!

1 comentário:

Anónimo disse...

Great advise, I love her!!! I'm sure she will be my next "girl I like" in my blog... But today is Miroslava Duma, check it out if you like her style :)